Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Erin Heath's Top Ten Albums of 2009

There was a lot of good music put out this year, so naturally I had a really hard time deciding which albums to pick, how to order them, etc. I was fortunate enough to enjoy all but two of these bands live this year which contributed greatly to choosing my favorite albums of the year....so after much consideration, here's my list! Rather than explaining why I like them, I'll let the music do the talking....

10. Kings of Convenience-
Declaration of Dependence










9. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart-
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart








8. Atlas Sound-
Logos












7. Neko Case-
Middle Cyclone













6. Camera Obscura-
My Maudlin Career












5. The XX-
XX











4. Japandroids-
Post-Nothing











3. Grizzly Bear-
Veckatimest




Grizzly Bear didn't want to share on lala.
I will sing their songs for you if you ask.









2. Animal Collective-
Merriweather Post Pavilion














1. The Dirty Projectors-
Bitte Orca








There were some close calls. Some of the other contenders that almost made it on my list were:
Yacht - See Mystery Lights
Sea Wolf - White Water White Bloom
St. Vincent - Actor
Passion Pit - Manners

No comments: