Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dave Rudey's Top Ten Songs- OF THE DECADE

No odd scoring here-

just a favorite list.


Top Ten Songs of The DECADE!!
By Dave Rudey

And I'm just being honest....
1- Hey Yeah!- Outkast
“Shake it like a Polaroid picture!”
What a fun song with so many great memories! 608- 810---- just a great party song.



The Native American ceremony here is PRICELESS!

2- The Rat- The Walkmen
“When I used to go out I would know, everyone that I saw- now I go out alone, if I go out at all.” (115 plays on ITunes…and that still makes it #2 on the list)

3- The District Slips Alone Tonight- (The Shins + The Postal Service)
The Shins cover of this song is amazing, and of course, the original has a great tune and lyric as well.






4- Parallel Lines- Kings of Convenience
Jeff and I always say this is a song to end a movie with.

5- (tie) Crazy- Gnarls Barkley
Bodysnatchers- Radiohead
“This is the 21st century!”

6- Bright Eyes- “The First Day of My Life”
7- Maps- The Yeah Yeah yeahs and Don’t You Evah- Spoon

8- The Predatory Wasp of The Palisades- Sufjan Stevens
This is such a beautiful, sad song that according to ITunes, has received the most amount of plays (121) wow!

9- Ball and Biscuit- The White Stripes
Love the Dylan cover of this one…. “



10- The Story I heard- Blind Pilot
Meet the singer at Schubbas- great guy- great band.

No comments: