Monday, December 13, 2010

Wolfman Top 10 of 2010

Someone once said “Writing about music is liking dancing about architecture” and with that in mind, none of us benefit whatsoever from my descriptions of the following music as awesome, lo-fi, aggressive, gorgeous, lush, wonderful, evocative or especially reminiscent of, inspired by or uniquely original.

We are here because we love music, and so therefore (and without adjectives and superlatives) here’s my favorite sonic art from 2010:

Arcade Fire “The Suburbs”



The Books “The Way Out”



Blitzen Trapper “Destroyer of the Void”



The National “High Violet”



Mumford & Sons “Sigh No More”



Vampire Weekend “Contra”



Deerhunter “Halcyon Digest”



Avi Buffalo “Avi Buffalo”



LCD Soundsystem “This is Happening”



Holy Fuck “Latin”


And if someone put a gun to my head and forced such a response, I’d happily cite “Halcyon Digest” as my favorite record of 2010.

Happy Holidays!

Scott

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the reissue of Carpenters Gold