Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Here are my favorite albums of 2010—now let's see your Top 10 lists



By Steven Hyden

Okay music geeks, the time has come to fire up your lists. The A.V. Club posted its best-of music list today, along with the individual ballots of everyone that voted. Here's my Top 10, along with some other lists. Check it out, and then show me your


1. The Tallest Man On Earth, The Wild Hunt
2. Call Me Lightning, When I Am Gone My Blood Will Be Free
3. Deerhunter, Halcyon Digest
4. Avi Buffalo, Avi Buffalo
5. LCD Soundsystem, This Is Happening
6. The National, High Violet
7. Dum Dum Girls, I Will Be
8. The Walkmen, Lisbon
9. Futurebirds, Hampton’s Lullaby
10. Reading Rainbow, Prism Eyes

THE NEXT 10
11. Jamey Johnson, The Guitar Song
12. The Soft Pack, The Soft Pack
13. The Sadies, Darker Circles
14. The Goodnight Loving, The Goodnight Loving Supper Club
15. Woods, At Echo Lake
16. Citay, Dream Get Together
17. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
18. Harlem, Hippies
19. Wolf Parade, Expo 86
20. Gayngs, Relayted

TOP EPS
1. Real Estate, Reality
2. Megafaun, Heretofore
3. The Tallest Man On Earth, Sometimes The Blues Is Just A Passing Bird
4. Sharon Van Etten, Epic
5. The War On Drugs, Future Weather

TOP 20 SONGS
1. Real Estate, “Younger Than Yesterday”
2. Avi Buffalo, “What’s In It For”
3. Deerhunter, “Desire Lines”
4. Drive-By Truckers, “Birthday Boy”
5. Beach House, “Silver Soul”
6. Woods, “Blood Dries Darker”
7. Wild Nothing, “Summer Holiday”
8. Futurebirds, “Johnny Utah”
9. The National, “Bloodbuzz Ohio”
10. Dum Dum Girls, “Jail La La”
11. Call Me Lightning, “Beyond The Beasts”
12. Arcade Fire, “Ready To Start”
13. The Soft Pack, “Answer To Yourself”
14. Gayngs, “Faded High”
15. Harlem, “Gay Human Bones”
16. The Tallest Man On Earth, “Kids On The Run”
17. Best Coast, “Boyfriend”
18. Phantogram, “Mouthful Of Diamonds”
19. Local Natives, “Wide Eyes”
20. Jaill, “Demon”

No. 1 album I realized I initially underrated after seeing the band live

Harlem, Hippies; Futurebirds, Hampton’s Lullaby (tie)

No. 1 album I realized I initially overrated after seeing the band live
Midlake, The Courage Of Others

No. 1 album I least enjoyed panning
Neil Young, Le Noise

No. 1 album I most enjoyed panning
Salem, King Night

No comments: