Monday, December 20, 2010

Cassies favorite albums of 2010

10. Deadmau5 “4x4=12”



This is a guilty pleasure for me. I just needed to get it off my chest. I feel much better, thanks.

9. Broken Bells “Broken Bells”



This reminds me of this summer. I would scooter down by the lake listening to this album in headphones.

8. Best Coast “Crazy for you”



“I cant do anything without you. I cant do anything with you. You drive me crazy but I love you. You make me lazy but I love you.” I couldn’t have said it better myself

7. Vampire Weekend “Contra”



I can cut a rug to this entire album. And I have.

6. Blitzen Trapper “Destroyer of the void”




I’m pretty sure that if these guys ever wrote a book, it would be my favorite.

5. The Arcade Fire “Suburbs”



If I were stuck in an elevator and all I had was this album to listen to, I can safely say I would be fine for 58 minutes and 90 seconds. After that, I’d probably lose my shit.

4. The National “High Violet”



I take a shower with my ipod on shuffle. When the song “Bloodbuzz Ohio” comes on it puts a new meaning to shampooing and conditioning. Interpret that however you want to.

3. Surfer Blood “Astro Coast”



This whole record doesn’t just make me want to air guitar the whole thing. It makes me think that if I had a real guitar that I could actually play it.

2. Dr. Dog “Shame Shame”



I will sing every word to every song from this album for you right now. I will also probably mimic the bass notes and play the air tambourine. My eyes will be closed the whole time. The love I feel for this band is unconditional.

1. Delta Spirit “History from Below”



I’ve never felt so connected to an album before. I can dance and sing and sit and cry in the same hour. The song “Ballad for Vitaly” is the saddest but most beautiful song I have ever heard. The first time I heard it was live. It felt like I was alone in this huge space. I’m going to go and polish my boots and wait for the next time they come to town.



Side note: Cassie's favorite live shows from 2010

10. Gayngs @ Turner Hall MKE Sept. 29th

9. The Heavy @ Turner Hall MKE Nov. 14th

8. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros @ The Pabst MKE June 7th

7. Slash @ The Pabst MKE Sept. 5th

6. Pavement @ The Pabst MKE Sept. 14th

5. Jimmy Eat World @ The Pabst MKE Oct. 5th

4. Blitzen Trapper @ Turner Hall MKE July 28th

3. Delta Spirit @ Turner Hall MKE Nov. 19th

2. Langhorne Slim @ Turner Hall MKE July 24th

1. Dr. Dog @ Turner Hall Oct. 22nd

No comments: